Full payment is due and charged at the time of scheduled service, even if the patient chooses not to utilize the entire scheduled time, or does not show-up, or cancels with less than 48 business hours advance notice, or (in the case of telemedicine) the doctor needs to end the televisit because the patient is not located in a safe and private location, within the State of California, or does not have high-speed, secure, and functional technology set up or running.
Service time includes face-to-face time and time Dr. Stein spends on the case, communicating with the patient or about the patient with other clinicians, pharmacies, labs, family, caregivers, documentation, etc on the day of the visit.
SERVICE AND FEE SCHEDULE OF KIRA STEIN, MD, APC:
- Initial 1.5 Hour Psychiatric Evaluation (90792 or 90792-95*) : $850.
- Standard 3/4 Hour Follow-Up Visit, (90215 or 90215-95*): $475.
- Telephone Consults: 99443 for 20-30 min at $300; 99442 for 10-19 min at $150; 99441 for 5-9 min at $75.
- Prolongation of a visit longer than 54 minutes (CPT G2212 or G2212-95) is $150 for every 15 min block extra.
- Interpretation or explanation of results of psychiatric, other medical examinations and procedures, or other accumulated data to family or other responsible persons, or advising them how to assist patient (CPT 90887 or 90887-95) is $475 per 45 min scheduled visit, whether the client or family uses the entire time or not.
- Doctor report preparation of patient’s psychiatric status, history, treatment, or progress (other than for legal purpose) for other physicians, agencies, or insurance carriers (CPT 90899) is $150 per 0 to 15-minute block.
- $20 per between-visit refill prescription of non-controlled substance when patient overdue for follow-up or did not request refill during appointment.
- $50 per between-visit refill prescription of controlled substance when patient overdue for follow-up or did not request refill during appointment.
- $150 per 0-15 minute block for Doctor Letters, Reports, Prior Authorizations, and other administrative services not covered above.
- $0.25 per page document production (electronic)
- $0.35 per page + postage or mail carrier costs document production (paper)
- Non-healthcare/legal-system-related forensic fees: Sometimes patients get involved in legal matters (e.g., actions against their employers or others, divorces, personal injury cases, etc.) that ultimately require a clinician’s records, opinion, or testimony. Whether a patient is the plaintiff or the defendant, patients accept responsibility for payment forensic fees for any and all time Dr. Stein spends dealing with the legal case. This includes time spent addressing subpoenas (eg, including working with the patient’s attorney to legally prevent the release of records if the patient so chooses), reviewing, preparing and/or discussing your case, charts or files, traveling to/from and testifying at appearances. $650/hour and above and may require retainer.
*Refers to televideo appointments.
This is not an exhaustive review of all potential fees and policies. Please review the registration paperwork for more details.