Dr. Stein’s Background
Born & Raised
Dr. Kira Stein was raised in Montreal, Canada and moved to the Los Angeles area with her family when she was a teenager. She spent her formative years in the San Fernando Valley and attended public high school.
After achieving her bachelors of arts in political science at UCLA, she completed her pre-medical studies at Bryn Mawr College in Pennsylvania and then graduated from the University of Rochester School of Medicine in 1997. She took a one-year internship in internal medicine at USC-affiliated Huntington Memorial Hospital in Pasadena, California. Dr. Stein completed her adult psychiatry residency at the UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute at the UCLA Geffen School of Medicine in 2001, having served as chief resident of the UCLA Anxiety Disorders Clinic and having achieved multiple trainings in various psychotherapies and other speciality clinics, including the UCLA Women’s Life Center and the UCLA Mood Disorders Clinic.
Post-Graduate Training & Academics
- Clinical Faculty, UCLA Department of Psychiatry, UCLA Geffen School of Medicine
- Visiting Fellowship in TMS – 2012. Duke University School of Medicine
- Intensive Course in TMS – 2011. Harvard School of Medicine, Berenson-Allen Noninvasive Brain Stimulation Program
- Chief Resident, UCLA Anxiety Disorders Program 2000-2001
- Resident, UCLA General Adult Psychiatry Program 1998-2001
- Intern, Internal Medicine, Huntington Memorial Hospital, USC affiliate
Private Practice Since 2001.
Dr. Stein initially opened her psychiatric practice in the San Fernando Valley and developed a large practice based on giving patients the time needed to: a) convey their own personal narratives, b) learn new skills, and c) completely understand the rationale of recommended treatments. She uses therapeutic, holistic and medicinal approaches to help patients move forward towards health and balance.
Dr. Stein moved her practice to Beverly Hills, California, Los Angeles in 2016. As always, Dr. Stein thoroughly enjoys working closely with patients and continues to offer a growing variety of conventional and integrative treatment approaches.
- Medical Board of California – Physician & Surgeon Medical License (active)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology – Diplomate since 1998
- American Psychiatric Association, member
- California Psychiatric Association, member
- Southern California Psychiatric Society, member
- Psychiatric Clinical Faculty Association, UCLA, member
Hobbies & Interests
“Outside of work, my day-to-day hobbies include spending time with family, volunteering with Scouts, painting, drawing, reading biographies and historical fiction, and researching genealogy. I enjoy traveling abroad and learning from and about new cultures, hiking, camping, kayaking, cross-country skiing, and fly fishing.
I love being silly with my kids, new adventures with my husband, and simply curling up with my two dogs Kugel and Schnitzle, and listening to the sounds of my back yard.”