NOVEL, FDA-APPROVED DEPRESSION TREATMENT
West Coast TMS Institute is excited to offer an advanced, breakthrough treatment for people suffering from clinical depression called Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, or TMS. TMS involves the application of non-invasive magnetic fields applied to the outside of the head, directly overlying the area of the brain associated with mood called the pre-frontal cortex. Stimulation in this region of the brain can promote relief from depression. No drugs are introduced with TMS and no surgery or invasive procedure is required at all. This is a treatment for people who have not responded sufficiently to antidepressant medication or who cannot tolerate drug side effects.
TMS TREATMENT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED BECAUSE:
TMS is Proven Effective
- We have a great track record in treating Major Depression successfully. We find individualizing treatment for each patient significantly improves outcomes.
- Unlike many other treatment procedures, TMS does not diminish your ability to engage in day-to-day activities. You remain awake and in total control. You can even watch TV or talk while being treated. After the procedure, your day continues normally, with no negative effects on driving, walking, or cognition.
TMS is Drug-Free
- TMS is a potential treatment option for pregnant or breast feeding patients, or anyone with difficulties tolerating the systemic side effects of medication.
TMS has a Mild Side Effect Profile, especially compared to medications
- Initial headache, scalp or facial discomfort during the procedure is usually mild, occurs primarily at the beginning of the treatment, and can generally be relieved by using simple, over-the-counter pain medications.
CONTACT US BECAUSE WE OFFER:
Flexible Scheduling– We are here for you when it’s more convenient for you. If you prefer coming before work, after work, or during work, we make every effort to accommodate your schedule.
Convenient Location– Our location is in Sherman Oaks, a pleasant, urban neighborhood in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles County, California. We are centrally located, where the 405 and 101 freeways meet, a short drive from Valley Village, Studio City and Burbank. We’re also close to Beverly Glen, making it an easy drive to our center from locations in the Greater Los Angeles area such as Beverly Hills, Westwood, and Santa Clarita. Removed from Ventura Boulevard, you can usually avoid street traffic on your way to and from our center. Free street parking is available, as well as economical building parking.
Expert and Caring Team– Here at the Institute, we are focused on giving you the best possible treatment for your unique needs. Our mission is your recovery.
Clinical Excellence and Leadership– Dr. Kira Stein, MD is medical director of West Coast TMS Institute and is a founding member of The TMS Society of Southern California.
A board-certified psychiatrist, Dr. Stein has been practicing for over a decade and has completed the intensive TMS program at Harvard Medical School’s Berenson-Allen Center for Noninvasive Brain Stimulation.
Dr. Stein graduated from the UCLA adult psychiatry residency program at the Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior and the Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital and serves as clinical instructor at the UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine.
Dr. Stein is one of the only Valley Village and Los Angeles area psychiatrists with extensive experience and training in all three fields of (1) TMS, (2) general adult psychiatry and psychopharmacology for both men and women, and (3) reproductive psychiatry.
Advanced Technology– We use the State-of-the-Art NeuroStar TMS Therapy© system, the only FDA approved TMS device available in the United States.
Results-Oriented Care– We are completely focused on helping you get better, which is why your needs are our top priority. Teamwork is essential to us, and you will appreciate the support and care you receive from every member of our staff.
WHEN YOU CHOOSE US, YOU CAN COUNT ON:
- A Complete and Thorough Psychiatric Evaluation– Each person is different, with unique emotional needs and biological make-ups. As such, TMS is not appropriate for everyone. That is why we give you a complete psychiatric evaluation to fully determine your condition and your treatment options, which may result in treatment recommendations other than TMS.
- A Deeply Committed and Caring Staff– Our staff is among the best. While they demonstrate excellence in their own achievements and professionalism, they also bring outstanding empathy and compassion to patient service and care. Our reputation and success can only be measured by your results and experience with us. Every staff member at the Institute has extensive TMS experience. Dr. Stein offers access to the latest non-invasive depression treatments alongside proven medical experience.
- Consideration For Your Time– We value your time as if it were ours. That is why we schedule appointments to avoid or minimize your waiting time. This also assures that every patient receives all the time and attention required to have a great session in a relaxed, caring environment.