FDA-Approved Depression Treatment Studio City
West Coast TMS Institute proudly offers depression treatment. Studio City residents diagnosed with clinical depression can rely upon this breakthrough procedure called Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) due to its approval by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Treatment involves applying magnetic fields to the outside of the head. This non-invasive procedure focuses on the pre-frontal cortex of the brain, which is linked to mood. Stimulating this region can promote depression relief. TMS therapy does not involve drugs or surgery. It is a treatment for clinical depression patients who cannot tolerate the side effects of antidepression medication or who have not sufficiently responded to these drugs.
■ Reasons To Consider TMS, Studio City Residents. When evaluating TMS, Studio City residents should understand the following:
- TMS is Effective
- West Coast TMS Institute has an excellent history of successfully treating major depression. Tailored treatment results in a significant improvement in outcomes.
- TMS is a unique treatment because it does not affect the ability to perform daily activities. Patients remain awake and retain control of their bodies. Some even talk or watch television during treatments. They go about their regular activities following a procedure, which does not have a negative impact on cognition, walking, or driving.
- TMS Does Not Involve Drugs
- As a drug-free treatment, TMS can be administered to patients who are breast feeding or pregnant and those who have trouble tolerating medication side effects.
- Compared to Medications, the Side Effect Profile of TMS is Mild
- Facial or scalp discomfort or initial headache during a TMS procedure tends to be mild and experienced at the start of treatment. Non-prescription pain medication usually provides relief.
■ We Offer:
- Exceptionally affordable TMS while maintaining our commitment to quality and expertise.
- Convenient Location— West Coast TMS Institute is located in the San Fernando Valley city of Sherman Oaks within Los Angeles County in California. This attractive urban neighborhood is located at the intersection of the 101 and 405 freeways, making it a short drive from Studio City. Our center is away from Ventura Boulevard, allowing you to avoid street traffic both ways. Street parking is available at no charge and building parking fees are economical.
- Flexible Scheduling— We are available at your convenience. We do our best to accommodate patients who prefer to visit before, after, or during their work hours.
- Caring Team of Experts— Each of our team members strives to provide the best treatment available for your needs. Your recovery is our mission.
- Clinical Excellence and Outstanding Leadership— West Coast TMS Institute medical director Dr. Kira Stein, MD, has been in practice for longer than a decade and is a TMS Society of Southern California founding member. Dr. Stein is a board-certified psychiatrist and graduate of the Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital and the Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior UCLA adult psychiatry residency program. Dr. Stein also completed the intensive TMS program offered by the Berenson-Allen Center for Noninvasive Brain Stimulation at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Stein has the distinction of being one of the only psychiatrists in the Studio City area with extensive training and experience in all of the following: general adult psychiatry and psychopharmacology for men and women, reproductive psychiatry, and TMS. Never far from cutting-edge medical activity, Dr. Stein participates as a TMS research co-investigator at UCLA.
- Advanced Technology— West Coast TMS Institute uses the cutting-edge NeuroStar TMS Therapy© system, which is the only TMS device available in the United States that received FDA approval.
- Focus on Results— Helping patients to get better is our only focus. Our top priority is meeting patient needs. Our staff members work as a team to provide the highest levels of care and support.
When You Select Us, You Receive:
- Affordable TMS —that is accessible and overseen by experienced expert practitioners.
- A Thorough and Comprehensive Psychiatric Evaluation—Every human has a unique biological makeup and different emotional needs. This means that TMS will not be appropriate for all people. We conduct a comprehensive psychiatric evaluation to diagnose your condition and determine treatment options. This may result in treatment recommendations that do not include TMS.
- Staff Members Who Are Caring And Committed— Our staff demonstrates excellence in personal achievements and level of professionalism and also exhibits compassion and empathy when treating and caring for patients. Your experience and results determine our success and reputation. Each staff member has extensive experience with TMS and is considered among the best. Dr. Stein offers both proven medical experience and the latest depression treatments of a non-invasive nature.
- Consideration of Your Time— We consider your time as valuable as ours is. Appointments are scheduled to minimize or eliminate patient waiting times. This ensures that each patient receives the amount of time and level of attention required for a successful treatment session in an environment that is both relaxed and caring.
Related Services are available with our Drs’ affiliation with West Coast Life Center, Including those for Attention Deficit Studio City Residents:
Among West Coast Life Center’s related services is treatment for conditions related to attention deficit. Studio City residents often require treatment for attention deficit disorder (ADD), otherwise known as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
Other services include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Anxiety therapy and Stress treatment
- Insomnia treatment
- Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES)
- Mood swing disorder treatment